Found this poster in facebook in reaction to the horrendous murder of 5 year old Nurl Nadirah whose body was found burned and buried in a hole in an oil palm estate in the city of Johor Bahru.
Just days ago the Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin came out singing praises of the reduction in crime rate and claiming that Malaysia is the safest country in South East Asia.
To claim that Malaysia is the Safest Country in South East Asia is quite unbelievable and its citizen will tell you this as just about anyone you meet in the cities of Malaysia will be able to relate to you recent crime happenings.
A flip of today's papers will show you the number of serious crimes and murders all in a day and yet these are only the serious crimes that made the news.
A drive through Malaysian residential area will show that the residence live in fear of crimes as most housing locations will have barricades erected with guards employed for their own security. the residents will tell you that these are just preventive measures and that even with guards and barricades the crimes of robberies and theft are still being reported.
Let's just see the crimes in today's the Star paper as reported;
1) the Murder of 5 year old Nurul is reported only on page 3 of the Star
2) the headline of the Star carried the news of the Criminal Breach of Trust of the National Feedlot Issue on the charges to the husband of umno Minister Shahrizat.
3) The Star carried on a side column on the same page 3 "Tragic List of young innocent victims of monsters".
4) Page 6 of the Star carried the report of a Russian student who was a victim of some serial snatch thieves in George Town, she is believed to be the third victim in a week.
5) Page 8 "Double Murder Mystery" the murder of a man and his 23 year old daughter in Serdang, Kuala Lumpur.
6) Page 20 reports the seizure of 3.1 kg Syabu, a typeof drug carried by a 25 year old Malaysian woman caught in Butterworth.
7) Page 22 reports the conviction of a serial rapist in Kota Baru, Kelantan.
8) Page 23 carried the news of V.Nirmal a security firm operator gunned down in a Restaurant in Klang, Selangor.
9) Page 26 reports the conviction of a Man who was fined RM4000. for distributing Loan Shark namecards and vouchers.
10) Page 28 reports the murder of a Thai man found with his throat slashed in Jitra, Kedah.
11) Page 29, carried the news of a Georgian woman's drug case in the High Court of George Town.
So, Mr Deputy Prime Minister, Are you sure or not, that Malaysia is the Safest Country with the lowest crime rate in South East Asia?
Read the murder of 5 year old Nurul Nadirah HERE
Read the Tragic List of Young Innocent Victims HERE